At QinetiQ we’re dedicated to defending sovereign capability, protecting lives and securing the vital interests of our customers.
We are a company of over 6,000 dedicated people providing technological and scientific expertise that helps our customers protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
Working across every aspect of the life cycle of critical equipment and infrastructure, providing services and products that address our customers' most pressing challenges; our breadth and depth of experience spans many markets and industries.
About the role
Our Security Health Check penetration testing team are looking to recruit an Ethical Security Tester.
As a holder of a Team Member certificate in either TIGER or CREST (or if you’re currently working towards them) you’ll switch between application and infrastructure testing as you add value to our “Red Teaming” service and Advanced Intrusion Testing.
As a client-facing professional, you’ll use your experience and credibility as you operate at both technical and management levels. You will be highly motivated and will enjoy delivering world-class consulting as you undertake service development and sales support activities.
In return, you will be given the opportunity to work with a broad range of client organisations alongside some of the best consultants in the security industry. The scope for career development is limited only by your personal dedication and drive. As well as learning from colleagues you’ll get to contribute to enhancing QinetiQ’s Penetration Testing capabilities through service specialisation and funded personal research.
• Mandatory: Offensive Security Certified professional (OSCP)
• Additional qualifications on route to Team Member certificate, CREST or TIGER
• UK driving license
• UK security clearance to SC or DV level
• Strong desire to “get root”
• Strong work ethic
• Good communication skills
• Willingness to travel to customer sites in the UK and Europe
• Excellent report writing skills coupled with an acute attention to detail.
• Technical knowledge of hacking and penetration testing techniques, methodologies and tools across all common platforms.
• The energy to use time between scheduled engagements constructively to direct your own research in order to keep current with vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures
• The ability to effectively manage time and workload on individual and team engagements, cooperating with clients and managing stakeholder expectations
The position comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a good work/life balance.
The role will be based in Malvern, Worcestershire, but you will be required to undertake regular work on customer sites as necessary. Working from home is possible, where appropriate, although the expectation will be for you to attend the office when not deployed to customer locations.
We look for outstanding technical people, creative and analytical thinkers, decisions makers, influencers and excellent communicators. Join us today.
Email [email protected] to find out more and to apply