Industrial placement opportunities in the UK
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow and enhance your skills as a Cyber Security Software Engineer in a dynamic industry that is constantly developing and delivering innovative, next-generation capabilities? At L3Harris, you can make a difference by joining our Cyber Security team and introducing next generation technologies and skills, applying these to solving problems.
There are two 12 month Software Industrial Placement roles available to provide input to the design, implementation and testing of Cyber Security software projects as part of a high performing research and development team. Each of these roles provides fantastic opportunities to develop skills in technical and professional areas, gain an understanding of working environments and valuable experience whilst making a difference to our customers.
What the role will involve
If you’re invited to join our team of dedicated experts, the responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Design, development and implementation of production software and supporting tooling, primarily in C++ but also other languages such as C, C# and Python for ubiquitous platforms such as Windows, Linux, iOS and Android.
- Participate in vulnerability research activities for the latest operating systems and applications.
- Develop proof of concept solutions to support our programme of constant innovation.
- Working as part of a team (including Software Engineers and Vulnerability Researchers) to discuss system designs, interfaces and protocols to identify and implement solutions.
What you’ll bring
The role of Software Industrial Placement requires the following experience and skills:
- A minimum of 3 A-Levels (or equivalent qualification) with grades of A, B, C or above (including Maths)
- Pursuing a degree in either Computer Science, Maths or Engineering with a predicted final grade of 2:1 or 1st
- A passion for cyber security and software development and evidence of additional cyber related achievements or participations showing a desire for a rewarding career in the technology industry
--->>> Apply here! <<<<---
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.