Disclaimer: This is an abridged version, please refer to the link for the full job description.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video.
U.S. Data Security (“USDS”) is a standalone entity of TikTok in the U.S. Our focus is on providing oversight and protection of the TikTok platform and user data in the U.S.
About the Role
As an Application Security Penetration Tester, you will validate security controls around web resources and mobile applications and their backend web services for TikTok. Work with a team of security testing professionals to enhance existing services offerings and security testing capabilities and conduct hands on technical testing focused on identification of OWASP type vulnerabilities in both web application and mobile applications.
To succeed in this role the candidate will possess breadth and depth of knowledge in security of operating systems, networking and protocols, firewalls, databases and middleware applications, forensics, scripting and programing. All Application Security Penetration Testers are expected to continuously improve their tradecraft through research, to add breadth and depth to their knowledge a part of the Offensive Security Operations team.
- Develop/modify custom tooling to solve new needs
- Build relationships with engineering teams to drive TikTok to a mature security state
- Conduct full exploitation operations in Windows and *nix environments
- Develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences
- Communicate findings and strategy to client stakeholders, including technical staff, executive leadership, and legal counsel
- Perform innovative research and promote an environment of innovation and knowledge sharing
- Perform web application testing, mobile application testing, network penetration testing, and source code reviews
- Utilize attacker tools, tactics, and procedures to perform analysis and identify vulnerabilities
- Implement static and dynamic security testing as part of an automated application security testing process
- Other Cybersecurity operational and project initiatives responsibilities to be assigned
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Visit the full job posting for more information.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to us at [email protected]
Job Information【For Pay Transparency】Compensation Description (annually)
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $118800 - $196000 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units. At ByteDance/TikTok our benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support ByteDancers to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees: We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off(PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability. We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.