BitMEX is the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world's most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
The primary objective of a Principal Detection & Response Engineer is to protect BitMEX from external and internal threats. They will provide an orderly, rapid and effective response to security incidents, including but not limited to intrusions, insider threats and abuse. D&R Engineers are responsible for designing, building and implementing tools that aid in these functions.
- Proactively identify and respond to emerging security threats
- Support a global, multi-timezone, on-call rotation for incident triage & response
- Develop, maintain and tuning tools that aid in the detection, mitigation or response to security threats
- Define and refine security detection and response’s policies and processes
- Work with internal and external partners to obtain actionable intelligence to protect the firm.
- Identify security gaps and implement constant improvements to our security stack
- Communicate effectively with lines of business and clients to address complex information security issues
- Mentor and provide security guidance to various organizations throughout the company
- 10+ years experience in Information Security or related fields.
- Experience in creating detection use cases in Security information and event management (SIEM) tools.
- Experience in supporting and configuring Endpoint detection and response (EDR) tools.
- Experience in digital forensics analysis and incident response
- Experience in cloud environment and cloud security
- Knowledge of HIDS/NIDS tools such as osquery, or zeek (formally bro)
- Understanding of emerging adversary tactics, techniques and procedures
- Software development skills in languages such as Python, Golang, Ruby, C, C++, or similar
- Knowledge of malware analysis & reverse engineering
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Candidates with less experience will be considered for the Senior Detection & Response Engineer position.