Commercial Terms of ServiceRegarding the commercial access and use of the Website
With respect to the terms and conditions of this Agreement: a) Hack the Box will be referred as “HTB”, b) The counterparty of this agreement will be referred as “Company” , c) www.hackthebox.com will be referred as “Website”.
This is a binding agreement between HTB and Company.
Company must read carefully these Terms and Conditions as well as the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website.
In case Company disagrees with any of these terms and conditions, Company must not purchase and must not make use of the services and the content of the WEBSITE and FORUM.
Parties agree to the following terms and conditions about the subject matter.
A. Responsibilities of the parties
- HTB will provide Company with:
a) A minipage developed inside the HTB’s Website (members only) including a brief description of Company’s business and affiliated members;
b) Option to post Job Offerings in Company’s mini page providing also the ability to limit the audience based on the member’s experience (according to the classification of HTB ranking system);
c) Option to reach out to members that have selected the option "Interested in Job Opportunities".
- Company in return agrees to:
a) to pay HTB ninety (90) GBP + V.A.T. (if applicable) per month.
b) to the Terms and Conditions of the Website
c) to these Terms and Conditions
B. Payment terms and conditions
- Due to their nature, the paid Services provided by the HTB are generally non-refundable and any refunds will be at the sole discretion of the HTB. If HTB chooses to issue a refund for any reason, HTB is only obligated to refund in the original currency of payment (GBP).
- HTB reserves the right to discontinue service immediately if a fraudulent payment is detected, such as the use of a stolen credit card, and such cases may be further referred to the competent authorities.
- In order for Company to gain access to the predetermined services the predetermined fee must be prepaid. Payments will occur on a monthly basis following automatic payments for each subsequent month.
- Company authorizes HTB to charge any credit/debit card supplied on a monthly re-occurring basis. Credit balances will also automatically be deducted on a monthly basis.
- If Company wishes to terminate automatic payments, Company must either make use of the existing option on the WEBSITE or send an email at [email protected] stating that wishes to revoke permission for HTB to take automatic payments out of Company’s bank account. Such revocation shall be effective from the date of the sent email, regarding the scheduled payments that follow that date.
- HTB reserves the right to modify the required fees or services. In such case, Company will be notified immediately by e-mail. If Company does not agree with the new terms, Company has to immediately notify HTB, which implies the automatic revocation of the authorization for automatic payments as well as the termination of the agreement at the end of the last paid subscription.
- User is responsible for keeping card information up to date.
- Paid subscriptions that become delinquent will be suspended immediately.
- Either Company or HTB may immediately terminate this Agreement by written notice:
a) If one party breaches a material term of this Agreement; and
i. It cannot be remedied or
ii. If capable of being remedied, such breach is not remedied within five (5) business days of a written request by the other party to remedy that failure.
b) For the reasons of section “B” herein.
1.1 Upon termination of this Agreement by Company, HTB will have no claim for any fee, refunding to the Sponsor any fee already paid that corresponds to days after the termination date. [(fee/30)*remaining days]
1.2. Upon termination of this Agreement by HTB, Company will forfeit any fee already paid and all rights mentioned in section (A).
Furthermore either Company or HTB may terminate this agreement [at any time] [for any other reason] [or for no reason].
2.1. Upon termination of this Agreement by Company, Company will forfeit any fee already paid and all rights mentioned in section (A).
2.2. Upon termination of this Agreement by HTB, HTB will have no claim for any fee, refunding to the Sponsor any fee already paid that corresponds to days after the termination date. [(fee/30)*remaining days]
For the purpose of the agreement, the parties agree that all the terms herein are material.
D. Non Exclusivity
The Parties acknowledge and agree that the arrangements set forth under this Agreement are non-exclusive and that each Party shall be free at any time during the Term and thereafter to engage and enter into similar arrangements with third parties even if competitors.
E. Force Majeure
Where one party is not capable to perform its obligations under this agreement due to state of affairs beyond its control or which becomes hard to be prevented, those obligations are suspended whilst those situations continue, provided the other party is informed and the first party uses its best actions to defeat the circumstances avoiding its responsibilities from being carried out.
A party's failure or neglect to enforce any of its rights under this agreement will not be deemed to be a waiver of that or any other of its rights. A waiver is only effective if it is in writing and signed by the party granting it.
G. Compensation - Indemnity
It is explicitly agreed hereby that in case of an action/application or claim, administrative, accounting or judicial, being brought against our portal deriving from actions committed by Company, Company undertakes on the one hand to intervene to the legal procedure, assuming their responsibility, and on the other hand to compensate HTB, the operators, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers of our WEBSITE & Forum in case they are obliged to compensate or to pay any other expenditure.
The terms and conditions of this agreement shall not be divulged to any third parties without the prior written approval of HTB, save to the extent required by law.
Company may not without the prior written consent of HTB, assign or in any way dispose of any rights under this agreement to any third party.
J. Notices and Communications
Unless another address is specified in writing by the parties to whom any notice or other communication is to be given, all notices or communications shall be in writing and delivered to the provided addresses, (and shall be deemed to have been duly given upon receipt or refusal to accept receipt) by personal delivery, by facsimile or electronic mail, save where the law provides for a specific procedure.
K. Entire Agreement
This agreement combined with Website's Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to its subject matter. It supersedes all previous agreements and understandings between the parties and each party acknowledges that, in entering into this agreement, it does not do so on the basis of or in reliance upon any representations, promises, undertakings, warranties or other statements (whether written or oral) of any nature whatsoever except as expressly provided in this agreement.