How many of us take the time to stay safe and secure from the ongoing cyber threats and data breaches that are happening every day?
Cybersecurity Awareness Month, every October, is a collaboration between the government and private industry to raise awareness about digital security and empower everyone to protect their personal data from digital forms of crime.
The month is dedicated to creating resources and communications for everyone to be safe online. Turns out it’s not that hard! As Hack The Box, we aim to share knowledge about many simple yet very effective ways to protect yourself and your data online. Practicing the basics of cybersecurity can be easy for everyone. Are you ready to join Hack The Boo?
Don’t be afraid of hackers. Become one!
Massive data breaches? Cybercriminals? We got you covered.
We want to remind everyone that there are all kinds of ways to keep your data protected. It can make a huge difference even by practicing the basics of cybersecurity. Time to face the fear of cybercrime and attacks head on, and start defending yourself! So, during the spookiest month of the year, we introduce Hack The Boo.
A new series of cybersecurity tips are coming on Hack The Box social media channels! During the month of October, we will share every week useful guidelines on how to stay safe online. The cybersecurity tips will be focused on popular attacks and how to avoid them.
- Password Safety & Password Management: imagine that 53% of people rely on their memory to manage passwords! Password managers can save users a lot of headaches and make accounts safer by recommending strong passwords.
- Phishing: these attacks have become an increasingly common problem for organizations of all sizes and can be very difficult to spot. 30% of small businesses consider phishing attacks to be their top cybersecurity concern.
- Privacy & Device Policy: nearly a third (31%) of US/UK respondents say they either “sometimes,” “rarely,” or “never” install software updates. Updates fix general software problems and provide new security patches where criminals might get in!
Interested to know more?
Make sure to follow us on social media, and get our weekly tips. Share them with your network using the hashtags #BeCyberSmart and #HackTheBoo to have a chance to win one (1) 100$ swag card every week.
Trick or Treat? Well, here’s a treat for you…
Since our motto this Cyber Awareness Month is “Don’t be afraid of hackers, become one!”, we also made sure to provide everyone the perfect means to practice! For the entire month (until October 31, 23:59 UTC), all HTB players can get 25% OFF on our annual VIP+ subscription.
Use the code hacktheboo at the checkout to redeem your discount!
Take a look at all the features you can unlock with a VIP+ subscription here
A spooky & beginner-friendly CTF
The cyber awareness training isn’t quite over yet! After the three weeks of tips and guidelines for safer navigation online, the time comes to put your newfound knowledge to the test… And our Halloween-themed CTF for beginners is the perfect way to do that! 🎃
- Dates: Saturday, 22nd @ 1 PM UTC - Thursday, 27th @ 1 PM UTC
- Type: Jeopardy-Style
- Difficulty: Beginner-Friendly
- Team Size: Individuals
- Prizes: The TOP 3 CTF players of each day and one (1) lucky winner will be rewarded with amazing prizes, including HTB swag and Amazon gift cards.
Each day a new challenge (from categories such as Web, Pwn, Reversing, Crypto, and Forensics) will drop, and individuals will have the chance to capture the flag first!
As far as you can tell, October will be an epic month! Prepare to face your fears of hacking and cyber threats head-on during the spookiest season of the year. Stay up to date with the latest Hack The Box news by following our social media accounts and joining Discord
Happy Cybersecurity Awareness Month, and always #BeCyberSmart!